It's Cold Out There
Well, it looks like winter came sooner to most of the country than we had anticipated. If you are affected by burst pipes, a fire stemming from a heating source or another weather-related event, we are here to help. Call us at 801-224-5440. We are available 24/7. Bad weather is in the forecast for today through the weekend so bundle up, stay warm, and most importantly stay SAFE!
Preparing for Cold Weather
WINTER IS OFFICIALLY HERE!
With temperatures dropping and snow in some parts of the state, here are some tips to help you prepare your home/business for this winter weather:
• Add a second layer of insulation to the attic.
• Caulk around windows and doors, install weather-stripping and check for cracks around electrical outlets and pipes.
• Install storm windows and doors.
• Have the heating system checked by a professional.
• Clean gutters. Clogged gutters can result in flooding when snow melts.
• Have chimneys inspected and cleaned by a professional.
• Drain and shut off outdoor water faucets.
• Insulate water pipes that are exposed to the cold.